In a recent interview with Yung Berg last week we caught on Youtube, he mentions his favorite track off his up-incoming August 12th album is “Out of Space,” where he sings (instead of raps) the song for the first time. Take a listen as he attempts to de-thrown other R&B guys.
The streetwear brand Reason recently dropped a few new t-shirts as a part of their summer line. Although you can order them on ReasonClothing.com, we also spotted at least one of the shirts (the “Go Love Your Own City” Tee) @ DQM earlier last week. Check out the gallery below to see the new tee’s.
Tomorrow evening from 7 p.m. – 1 a.m., French Tuesdays is taking over the best venues on 27th St. You can find them French Tuesday crew @ Marquee, Pink Elephant, and Cain. All events by FT provide great networking possibilities for successful business people who enjoy partying with an internationally elite crowd. If you are a member of French Tuesdays, or have a way in tomorrow night, you should go.
The sneakers above are from a brand we know little about, called “Golden Goose.” They have a star similar to Bape mixed with a classic style like Converse. They go for $390 and can be purchased here.
Nike’s new outpost on 21 Mercer St. (between Broome and Grand) is set to open in a formerly empty space we must have seen a dozen times uniquely marked with a “X” on its top window pane (shown above). We always wondered what was to be of this space, and now we know the “X” will likely be replaced with the Nike Swoosh. The Strategic Group (an events PR firm brought to you from the Marquee guys) is going to throw an event prior to the stores’ opening. The store is set to open 8-8-08, the same day the Olympics start and The Lab (a new arts/events space) opens. [Division]
We feature many different sneakers on our blog and figured we should tell you where you can actually locate these kicks when you’re around looking for some new pairs.
Here’s a list we comprised of some cool spots you should check out (and not in any order)
1. Premium Laces – True boutique that is still the new kid on the block – their selection seems to be growing every time we go in. Take a look at their Jordan’s (including all Jordan Packs) and Air Force 1s.
2. Michael K – A club-like store with the all around the largest quantity of kicks, including a wall of Nike, Converse, Reebok, and Adidas and a conveyor belt that rotates sneakers above your head around the store.
3. Classic Kicks – Go here for their nice selection of Vans and their Quickstrike account, to get limited Nike’s.
4. Clientele – Used to carry Air Max, and you might still find a pair or two lying around now, but go here for Dunk SBs, SBs, and maybe a skateboard. (located on 267 Lafayette St. – near Delicatessen)
5. DQM – Dave’s Quality Meat has new kicks arriving daily – they always have some of our favorite, new and hard to find: Air Max, Dunks, Dunk SBs, and now a nice selection of Vans.
6. Flight Club – Possibly the king of hard to find sneakers, this consignment shop has pretty much every Jordan, EVER, as well as hard to find Air Max’s/Dunks which haven’t been in stores since the 90s. Pretty impressive.
All locations on this list are in reasonable walking distance from each other, so shop around and find the right pair.
We like surprising you guys, so there is no Youtube video embedded into this post – you’ll have to click here to listen to this track that we remember being part of the Shaft soundtrack. Enjoy.